PLEASE READ CAREFULLY, THIS AGREEMENT INCLUDES A RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND WAIVER OF LEGAL RIGHTS AND DEPRIVES YOU OF THE RIGHT TO SUE ZOOM ZOOM GROOM AND RELATED PARTIES. DO NOT SIGN THIS AGREEMENT UNLESS YOU HAVE READ IT IN ITS ENTIRETY. SEEK THE ADVICE OF LEGAL COUNSEL IF YOU ARE UNSURE OF ITS EFFECT. GROOMING POLICIES, PROCEDURES AND DOGS/ CATS RELEASE, WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNICATION AGREEMENT.
- I am aware and understand that Zoom Zoom Groom has a school named Zoom Zoom Groom’s Academy of Pet Grooming and due to the fact it is a teaching facility a student may be helping one of the instructors or groomers in providing services to my pet.
- If Owner’s pet is hurt or becomes ill, Zoom Zoom Groom has permission to obtain immediate medical care from the veterinarian of our choice should the pet’s veterinarian not be accessible. Pet owner agrees to pay all cost for medical treatment provided, unless illness or injury is a direct result of negligence of the Zoom Zoom Groom employees. At Zoom Zoom Groom all pets are treated by the employees with the upmost care and due diligence. Zoom Zoom Groom will not be held responsible for clipper burn and/ or minor nicks resulting from grooming of matted, neglected coats or for irritation caused by removing coat from pets possessing mild to severe skin allergy, nor will we be held responsible for stressful effects grooming may have on a geriatric pet.
- Zoom Zoom Groom must be notified 24 hours of any claims by owner regarding compensation for medical attention given as a result of alleged negligence of our staff. In the event of dispute over owner’s claim, Zoom Zoom Groom will personally consult the attending veterinarian prior to settling any claim.
- Zoom Zoom Groom is not responsible for any allergic reactions resulting from the manufacturer recommended usage of any products. We take great care in selecting the best natural products and have few situations with reactions- in saying this your dog may have extreme needs that go beyond the care we provided. Please let us know within 24 hours and we will do everything we can to help- even if it means giving your dog an extra oat-meal bath.
- Zoom Zoom Groom is not responsible for pre-existing medical conditions or the aggravation of those conditions; such as, but not limited to, heart disease, arthritis, obesity, infections, or any other medical problem that may be affected by the grooming process.
- The health of each pet is Zoom Zoom Groom’s number one concern. If Zoom Zoom Groom feels the safety or well-being of the Owner’s Per and /or a grooming associate is in jeopardy, a muzzle may be used or services refused or discontinued. Should the groom need to be discontinued, the owner is still responsible to pay the $22.00 convenience fee.
- Zoom Zoom Groom reserves the right to charge additional fees for services we consider over and above the norm covered by our standard rates. Zoom Zoom Groom reserves the right to refuse service to customers who pose a threat to our employees and other pets in our care, whether it is an aggression problem, health problem, or parasite problem.
- Should the owner’s pet expose the unit or salon with parasites there will be an additional $50.00 charged to cover Zoom Zoom Groom’s expense for fumigation of the premises. . It is necessary to fumigate to prevent contamination to other dogs.
- It has been our experience that when a pet is “shaved down” or “stripped” as it is called in the grooming profession, pre-existing conditions may appear. When a pet is very matted, air cannot get through to its skin. If the pet has an itch and bites itself, the skin will become sore and will not be able to heal through the matted coat. Stripping uncovers these skin conditions, as well as other skin problems that may have developed from the lack of air and grooming. Please note that it is difficult to strip a matted pet without slightly irritating the skin, since the groomer must get underneath the mats. THE ONLY WAY WE WILL CONSIDER STRIPPING YOUR PET WILL BE WITH YOUR CONSENT. There will be an extra charge for this service, because the groomer will need extra blades, extra lubricant for the clipper and more time to slowly and carefully get under the pet’s mats/ pelt.
- I, the undersigned, owner or person representing the owner, do hereby release Zoom Zoom Groom from any and all responsibility resulting in stripping my pet and understand and support the conditions stated in this agreement
- Right to Refuse Service- Zoom Zoom Groom has the right to refuse service for any reason it deems. In the event of a dog/cat that cannot be groomed safely without danger to the groomer/ employees/ or others, Zoom Zoom Groom will use muzzles, e-collars, straps etc. Grooming services may be stopped mid-groom if necessary for the safety of the dog/ cat or groomer. Grooming fees may still be applied.
- Duty to Disclose- I have disclosed and will continue to disclose on an ongoing basis, any and all medical or other conditions, including but not limited to personality concerns or behaviors that may affect, limit or prevent my dog’s ability to be at Zoom Zoom Groom.
- I hereby agree to expressly and forever generally waive, discharge claims, indemnify, release liability, save, hold harmless and defend Zoom Zoom Groom, their invitees, sponsors, advertisers, owners, officers, directors, employees, volunteers, agents, representatives, leasers, and all others having interest in Zoom Zoom Groom (The Releases) from and against any and all injury, liability, claims, litigation, actions, suits, costs, losses, damages, attorney’s fees, expenses or demands of every character whatsoever on the account of , arising out of, resulting from or relating in any way to (1) any act or omission of the releases ,including negligence, and (2) me or my dog’s/ cat’s participation at Zoom Zoom Groom, or otherwise. I agree that this release shall be binding on me and my successors, heirs, legal representatives, and assigns. I also expressly and forever release Zoom Zoom Groom from any duty to protect me or my dog (s)/ cat (s) from injury of any kind, and agree that even if Zoom Zoom Groom chooses to implement safety precautions; such actions shall not alter the fact that I have released Zoom Zoom Groom from any duty to protect me or my dog (s)/ cat (s).
- I have read and fully understand the terms of this “grooming policies, procedures and dog/ cat release, waiver of liability, assumption of risk and indemnity agreement (the agreement) and understand that I have given up substantial rights by signing it and have signed freely and voluntarily without any inducement, assurance or guarantee and intend it to be a complete and unconditional release of liability to the greatest extent permitted by the law and agree that if any portion of this agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of this agreement shall remain in full force and effect. I agree that it is intended that all terms of this agreement control despite any particular statue or law that would otherwise protect me or my dog (s) / cat (s).
IF YOU ARE GETTING A STUDENT TO GROOM YOUR PET, THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS ALSO APPLY:
- I agree to have a student do a complete groom at a reduced student price, I understand that the groom may not be perfect due to experience and although students are supervised by certified groomers and instructors, that in the process of learning, Zoom Zoom Groom cannot guarantee there won’t be imperfections- all other clauses within this agreement apply the same to the student grooms/ groomers as they do for the Certified Grooms/ Groomers of Zoom Zoom Groom.